- Riata - basic cucumber yogurt sauce
- I've used this one & it is better than the one included in the chicken-patty recipe
- 1 (about 3/4 pound) cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/4 cup whole-milk plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, or parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
I paired it with one of my all time favorite healthy non-lettuce salads... you know the kind- that have lots of crunch factor. This one works perfect and leftovers are appreciated.
- 1 cup bulghur wheat
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 3 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup minced scallions, white and green parts (1 bunch)
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint leaves (1 bunch)
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley (1 bunch)
- 1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and medium-diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place the bulghur in a large bowl, pour in the boiling water, and add the lemon juice, olive oil, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Stir, then allow to stand at room temperature for about 1 hour.
Add the scallions, mint, parsley, cucumber, tomatoes, 2 teaspoons salt, and the pepper; mix well. Season, to taste, and serve or cover and refrigerate. The flavor will improve if the tabbouleh sits for a few hours
all said & done, it was super yummy, even Chef Hubby loved it. Simple, delish, fresh & starting toward Summer flavors- a clear winner!
Try it & let me know how it goes...:)