Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Mother's Day




So for starters, Mother's Day has never been my favorite holiday. It's what you call a non-holiday holiday being the busiest restaurant day of the year...I "celebrated" many (all up till last year) with the kids & just an ordinary day. Last year was wonderful, relaxing, Todd was off, we were at the lake with friends....this year Todd kicked it up NOTCHES! 
A great place down in Pismo, love to stay where families such as ours are accommodated. Then, a late night massage last night....Ahhhh! Casual morning, Boston wanted to be the first to wish me a Mommy greeting, sadly he choose 2:45 to do that. Oh well, nothing coffee can't fix. Toddy got me Havaianas. I love them, no... LOVE them.  Jeweled ones (they are so hard to find!) in my size (even harder to find) and 2! If you don't know what I am talking about, look at my feet any day of the week, I wear them everyday! Comfy :)
Then we packed up for plans unknown to myself, drove still slightly south, to Vons where the plans were unfolded... Groceries......Grover Beach ( a long stretch of beach you drive right along waters edge to whereEVER you want) Cool! Then he clears the decks, in this case the back of the trunk & all the luggage. Whips out a burner, hors d'oeuvres, chilled Chardonnay, and we have a Clam Bake! We played on the beach/dunes/sand for hours...took tons of fun pictures (one of Abbie that's well.....fantastic). I loved it, aside from being so relaxed and still a long ride home, what a perfect day. I can't thank you enough my love...

No comments:

Post a Comment